TechSpot

Microphone always on

By Minxs
Nov 7, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I have a microphone that always on, even though on Ventrilo and Teamspeak i got it set to push to talk but i can talk without pushing a button, even if i got ventrilo and teamspeak not on, i can on my computer what I doing :( I can be browsing or playing a game, i can hear everthing I doing on my computer?

So my problem has to be in my computer, I done everything to my computer that i can think my sound card and all, I got Nvida nforce sound card. Got the latest driver.

Anybody might know what i doing wrong?
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Just a suggestion, you may have the mic activated on the playbackside of the volume control, this may be causing your problem.

Click start/control panel/sounds and audio devices/under device volume click advanced.

Place a tick in the mute box under microphone. Close the volume window and the audio device properties window/control panel.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Minxs

Minxs TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx it worked
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.