Microphone constant noise

Hi,
It seems I have tried everything, but maybe someone will have ideas:
On my laptop with Windows 7 I have Logitech desktop USB microphone nad it produces constant buzz when i am with headphones. If I am without them I get a very strong high-pitched noise which increases, so I guess it's feedback. When I am with headphones, turning off Samsung EDS (Enhanced Digital Sound) feature helps alot, but the buzz is still there. Unmuting mic in playback devices changes buss to hiss. Also it's not a ground-loop because if laptop is unplugged, nothing changes. And the built-in mic works good apart sound quality, so the sound card is okay too I guess? USB mic has no mic boost feature so this is also not the case. I have tried the mic on my roomate's laptop and it acts the same - buzzing and feedbacking. Any ideas? Or perhaps the mic itself is faulty although I think it's unlikely:/ Also, even if my mic is muted or is turned off (has a button for that), it still produces the buzz sound, although considerably more quiet.

I wonder if the mic is picking up electrostatic interference?
This would be more intense near fluorescent lamps, power cables, appliances etc., but decrease if you shield the mic with foil, or a metal box.
If not, then the mic is probably faulty.
Hope this is some help :)

Back