Microphone freezes computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard is M3ASD-T Deluxe. ADI Soundmax on board audio. Windows XP

My speakers work fine. I had a gigaware microphone and it caused my computer to freeze up when I plugged it in. (After I checked the pop-up box confirming the microphone was plugged in).

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the Soundmax audio driver (from CD maybe there is a newer version I'm not sure.) , and I even went and got a new microphone (also gigaware) to make sure it wasn't the old microphone that was damaged.

I still have same problem now. When I click the pop up box (check it) to confirm that I have plugged in a microphone, with in a matter of seconds my computer completely freezes up. As soon as I click on Start, it doesn't even open. I am forced to turn off the computer with the power button.

It's almost as if my microphone is conflicting with the speakers and causing a frequency loop... I've never had this problem before, but I haven't used a microphone in a while.. I do however remember using a microphone on this computer in the past year and it worked.

Thanks for any help.

This mobo is only a year old. I cleaned it out too, I know for a fact this can't be happening from overheating. First line I posted the specs.
Motherboard is M3ASD-T Deluxe. ADI Soundmax on board audio. Windows XP

I'm sorry, but who is the manufacturer of the board... so we can look up the details of its manufacturing specs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back