Microphone is not being detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to use Ventrilo, but since purchasing a sound card, rather than using my mobo's onboard audio, my microphone doesn't seem to be detected. At first I thought it was something with Vent, did the usual double-checking to make sure I didn't have the mic muted and that ingoing/outgoing voice was set to my sound card, but that wasn't the problem.

I went to the Sounds and Audio Devices panel in the control panel to test if the computer was even responding to the microphone, but when I talked into the mic, my voice was not being picked up. Windows claims that the drivers for the card are working properly, and I'm certain that I installed them when I installed the sound card. For what it's worth, I wasn't able to find the headset listed in the device manager either. I'm using a Dynex 5.1 sound card with a Saitek GH30 headset plugged directly into the pink microphone jack on the soundcard, Microsoft XP.

I suppose it could be the microphone, but I don't have a second mic to test if similar things are happening on the same computer. Is there anything I can do to verify that it's either something with my hardware/software on the computer or the microphone itself, without needing to purchase a second mic just to dummy test?

Do you have a second computer or a friend's computer you can try the mic on? Also did not see your computer specs. If it works on another machine, then my guess is a driver issue. Can't do much more lacking your computer specs.

Is the microphone working per control panel, sound and audio device, test?

You have Direct Sound checked at Input Device and the sound card is listed in the box there in VENT SETUP (Voice tab), correct?

Hardware mixer below that, try it set at NONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back