MicroSDHC card problem

By BEPOS
Sep 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. My microsdhc 8gb kingmax card started malfunctioning suddenly,and I couldn't copy music to it anymore,either access files from it,because it makes my computer freeze when I try to access anything on it.From research I found out this was because my card became corrupted,because I may have removed it from the pc by mistake while it was still being accessed,and that I can get rid of the corrupt files by formatting it.Because I don't have any valuable files on it that I want back I tried formatting it.I use windows 7 x64,and I have a microsd usb card reader,and when I put it into the usb port,the windows recognizes it as Removable Drive G:,and the file size is correct 7.40GB.But when I right click and choose format,in Fat32 because that is the default,and after waiting while it doesn't do nothing it says : "Windows was unable to complete the format."(in fact I can select any setting and it still says that message).Even the format from the computer management,storage,right click on G: and format failed saying : "Access is denied.";then I tried various programs to format it and all failed,while 2 of them saying : "Disk is write protected",if that is the problem,then how do I disable write protection?(And please don't come with the stupid answer I see everywhere:there should be a switch on the side of the card....;because mine doesn't have a switch kingmax-micro-sdhc-8gb-class10-cr.jpg ).thank you in advance.
  2. alexe3831

alexe3831 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

Check on the outside of the MicroSD itself and check if there is a small, almost invisible write-protection switch, that may be it.

~Alex

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.