Microsoft: 400 million Windows 7 licenses sold in 21 months

By Emil
Jul 12, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has announced that Windows 7 has sold more than 400 million licenses so far, meaning it is still the fastest-selling operating system. Ballmer revealed the number…

Read the whole story
  2. Butch

Butch TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 112

Of course it was the fastest selling, people couldn't wait the dump that bloated turd called Vista...
  3. 640K global partners ought to be enough for anybody
  4. "Of course it was the fastest selling, people couldn't wait the dump that bloated turd called Vista..."

I thought the same thing.
  5. mishmosh

mishmosh Newcomer, in training

if MS thinks people are going to jump on board to Win8 next year, they are sadly mistaken.
  6. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 583   +45

That is why I hope that they sell it for a very reduced upgrade price to Win7 owners. $30 would be perfect.
  7. Of course when you start to terminate the support cycle and push vendors /3rd party developers to stop supporting older OS's You have no choice but to move to win 7...
  8. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,032   +69

Why continue to support older OS forever? At some point in time it is no longer economically viable to support it. IMO at maximum an OS should not receive any support beyond 4-5 years period.
  9. KG363

KG363 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

"In June 2011, Windows 7 had 27.13 percent of the market. By the end of the year, I would expect 1 in 4 users to be using Microsoft's latest and greatest"

Really? You mean you think it might drop?
  10. Windows XP has 50% of market share...
    ...that's means XP is still the King.
    :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.