Microsoft airs first Windows 7 TV advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neowin

Microsoft aired its first Windows 7 commercial last night at the 2009 company meeting and across TV stations in the US.

Microsoft chose Europe's The Final Countdown as the theme tune for the advert and also included Kylie from an earlier Windows ad. The music choice could be unintentional or highly ironic but it shows the company is excited about the countdown to the Windows 7 launch.

View Windows 7 TV ad

These articles are brought to you in partnership with Neowin.net

Permalink to story.

Nice ad IMO. It's better than the dead horse apple has been beating. I like Microsoft's use of real people in their ads. Actors suck.

I agree, its way better than the "Hello, I'm a liar" and "No way, I'm a liar too!" Apple vs PC commercials.

Guest said:
Nice ad IMO. It's better than the dead horse apple has been beating. I like Microsoft's use of real people in their ads. Actors suck.
Hah! ... Like they actually put 'real' people and not actors in their ads...

OK, I'm going to concede that Apple makes a good product.

That said, they make them out of the same parts as PCs.

The entire "I'm a PC" ad campaign is an effront to the audience's intelligence, they're just mostly too stupid to know it.

Anyway, they're shipping Apples with Intel CPUs, and Windows OS. So, while they're running their mouth about how lousy PCs are, they're increasing their market share by selling re-branded PCs. "Wow, I just bought a Mini with an Intel CPU, and it runs Windows". Dude, that IS a PC.By any definition of standard this is the height of duplicity. So yes, they are liars. The whole campaign is filled with outright lies, Apples are the only computer that has entertainment value. Again, there is absolutely no truth in the statement. So, should we venerate Apple for it's ability to lie in a TV ad.

At least there is some truth in M$ price comparison centered campaign.

So, they are over priced, asthetic wonders, in spiffy plastic cabinets, that generate gobs and gobs of desire and snob appeal for their prospective new owners.

They work well, but the company is full of s***. These truths aren't mutually exclusive. So, any Apple buyer is entitled to be snobbish about the joy of ownership. After all, they just paid about 1 1/2 times what it's worth for just that privilege.

Anyway, they're shipping Apples with Intel CPUs, and Windows OS.

See this is the type stuff that gets said all the time, and its repeated so much that people believe it. It simply isn't true. You can't buy a Mac from Apple with Windows preinstalled, you also can't buy a Mac from Apple with an installation disk. It might be true that some 3rd party vendors are doing that, but it isn't Apple and your hate is directed at them throughout your rant.

I acknowledge that you have the right to get all upset at most things concerning Apple, but you if you are going to attack them you should try and make sure everything in your rant is true.

See this is the type stuff that gets said all the time, and its repeated so much that people believe it. It simply isn't true. You can't buy a Mac from Apple with Windows preinstalled, you also can't buy a Mac from Apple with an installation disk. It might be true that some 3rd party vendors are doing that, but it isn't Apple and your hate is directed at them throughout your rant.

I acknowledge that you have the right to get all upset at most things concerning Apple, but you if you are going to attack them you should try and make sure everything in your rant is true.

Fair enough, I was mistaken, so that portion of my "rant" is withdrawn.

The idea behind "Boot Camp" is so that Windows users can install their "favorire Windows programs", thereby "easing' the transition into the foreign OS. So, whether they ship with Windows or not, the subtext says that's what Boot Camp is for.

Advertisers have been talking down to people since time immemorial. When asked, "why is Folgers coffee the best", Mrs. WTF was her name replied, "because it's the richest there is". You know you're being insulted, when you ask why, and somebody says, "because". That's actully bordering on being degrading.

I have run into too many people that buy into the propaganda, that Apple generates. "Apple's better because they don't have viruses"! No, you're just too lazy and too stupid to handle security on a Windows computer. Download a bunch of crap on Limewire, and blame your woes on Windows.

At any rate, if you ask many Apple owners why Apple is better, they'll likely tell you because.

I'm actually fairly neutral about which OS or hardware is better. So, I simply don't know who I should hate first, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, or the imbeciles that spout Mac is better "because"....

signed.....confused

PS I finally saw one of the Windows7 spots. The "out of the mouth of babes", and "simple enough for a child to operate", subtext is fairly cheesy when you get right down to it. Perhaps they could go full bore "Sesame Street" on us and announce,"This OS is brought to you by the number 7". (Did you like the intended pun "bore")?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back