1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft announces Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

By Shawn Knight · 12 replies
Aug 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft on Tuesday revealed the next evolution of ergonomic input devices collectively known as the Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop. It’s a combination of the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and the Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse, two products that are an extension of Microsoft’s Natural...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,418   +347

Oh got not the dreaded wave keyboard... and that design on the keyboard and mouse .... jesus talk about creating monstrous products!

I would never try those products I don't even know anyone who would want to they just looks unhealthy and non-user friendly.

3. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 185   +13

....there are no words....

H3llion likes this.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,765   +1,079

I find it hard to imagine thats worth the price of adjusting your typing for. But I guess it works for some people...

5. I use an ergonomic keyboard and will only use that. I have the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro and will not get rid of it, would love to have it Bluetooth though.

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,515   +974

The products concept is great, but that blank space in the middle is just bothering me! I would prefer a Wave over this.

7. mctommy

mctommy TS Addict Posts: 211   +37

Used to love the wave keyboards from Logitech but the last one I got they keys got stuck over time (not sure why lol). Went to a soft key illuminated Logitech and love it. I guess I don't game and don't type as much as before so this suits me fine. Those ergo keyboards are still very popular and helps with posture when you type a lot.

I agree they should have filled that void... It just tries too hard to look "unique"

8. I love natural keyboards. But Microsoft is ****ing around with insert/delete, home/end, page up/down keys. I use them regularly and this is impossible what have they done now. ;(

I will stay with Natural 4000.

9. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,239   +95

I like the design but agree with the guest above, I want my insert, etc., keys the way they are on other keyboards, and will stay with the Natural 4000. (Not that I would have spent $130 just to get this design anyway. The 4000 is good enough for me.)

10. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 909   +18

Hmm I always have a love for curved keyboard. my first acer laptop has a curved keyboard (which is great) but they killed it and replaced it with mac-style shitty keyboard which is nowhere as comfortable as the old one.

have a microsoft wireless desktop comfort edition. it's curvy and I love it. wanted ergonomics one but it's too expensive for me. at that price I'd get a mechanical keyboard instead.

11. So Microsoft makes a touch screen based OS and then creates new keyboard/mouse, do the departments talk to each other?

12. Ma_ga

Ma_ga TS Rookie Posts: 39

I've been using the "natural" keyboard for around 10 years now, the one I like the most was the "Natural Multimedia Keyboard" (minus the screw of the home/end/del/etc keys). It have a lot of multimedia keys and some more custom key, it was very robust, I still have it (with stiff keys !_!).

Currently have the Natural 4000 (second one) the natural form itss better, but the quality it's terrible, this is my second Natural 4000 and 1 multimedia key already have issues and the cusion its pealing already.

Now this new keyboard (Sculpt) looks terrible, like a design from one of those page that post a lot of pretty thing but mindless useless or inpractical. why the hell I want I laptop-like keyboard with no multimedia keys X_x.

13. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 599   +56

That's funny because the new positions are exactly the reason why I would want to buy one. I want my Home/End keys as close to the arrow keys as possible. I'd swap the PgUp/PgDn keys with the Home/End ones. Or at least re-map them.