TechSpot

Microsoft announces Web-based Windows Phone Marketplace

By Emil
May 26, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft says there are now more than 17,000 apps available on Windows Phone Marketplace. While the growth is certainly great for a new mobile OS, the software giant is still…

Read the whole story

2. Its funny how people say that they are behind when there is an old saying that quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 17,000 apps with 9,000 being great versus millions and having to sift through those to find 50,000 great ones. But for the few people that I know who have Windows Phone 7 of which I am now one of today thanks to Verizon, they are very pleased with the phone and the app market.

3. Apple and Nintendo make great toys......then again who wants an apple when you can have a mango :)

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

+1 Guest # 1
    There are so many rubbish apps in the Android Marketplace (probably same is true for iphone's App store as well), that I have virtually stopped bothering with it. To find something of quality which I may need, I now use my PC.

5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd TS Rookie Posts: 555

When the windows market hits it big, you will probably have the same issue, when you decide to part with your much beloved SGS that is :)

6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

Point accepted aj :)

I think there should be stringent controls over what can get into market place on any platform, IMO generally less is more, unless someone is greedy. :rolleyes:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.