TechSpot

Microsoft at E3: Xbox SmartGlass, music service, more content providers announced

By Julio Franco
Jun 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft had numerous announcements ready for their E3 keynote today, all of them surrounding the Xbox platform and how the company is leveraging their position in the living room to...

Read the whole story

2. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 531   +146

Ouch. MS is starting this off with a bang...

3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

Man, that's a huge step forward in a la carte TV. Especially with that ESPN contract. Now if they would also get FOX, the NFL Network and CBS so I can see all other college/NFL football games, I'd pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat.

4. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Now all they have to do is allow you to pay with xbox points and this is a win/win for MS! Like it is pointed out, its geographical in nature. Does this mean xbox360 ppl will get regionally blacked out games?

5. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 633   +60

I really like what Microsoft has been doing for like the past 2-3 years.

6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 902   +52

He's hoping some of us non-us residents will be able to enjoy some of the additional media content.

7. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

While I haven't read the fine print, I'd imagine it's the same as it is right now. That being you need a separate service or cable subscription on top of paying for LIVE. So nothing amazing in the end, but rather a bonus that compliments everything you have, like the split screen they showed.

8. I only need my att uverse, $20/month to enjoy Espn on my Xbox live ($50/year).

9. McNasty

McNasty TS Rookie Posts: 33

Not sure what the hype is all about. ESPN is require you to be with a provider that rights. As it stands now it the same providers that work with the WatchESPN moble app. Which is NOT DishNetwork. As for Hulu Plus, MLB Network, that has been on PS3 for a year now, without the 50 yearly subscription I might add. XBOX is catching up to the PS3 in terms of services and thats cool. I just don't pay for access to the MS network, thats all.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.