Microsoft board defends CEO Steve Ballmer

By Emil
May 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As a company, Microsoft is performing quite well and is as stable as always, but its stock is a whole different story. Investors are becoming increasingly annoyed that they can't…

Read the whole story
  2. Tanstar

Tanstar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 195   +18

I think he's doing fine. Once everyone knows about a stock it no longer outs out as much as it did when it was unknown or a possible bad deal. You make big money in stocks by buying them before they become popular or make a big jump. Not sure how buying Skype was a bad idea either.
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,038   +72

I wouldn't be bothered about comments from an financial gambler by the way. It is more important for a company like MS, to know that it is doing the right things, moving in the right direction, continuously innovate and keep its customers satisfied. These factors ensure success and sustainability of a company, not a bald headed buffoon from a hedge fund (many of his creed actually created this financial mess the world is in, and funnily enough even after getting their dirty hands on trillions of dollars of tax payers money they continue to propagate that they are right).
  4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 897   +52

As long as they keep making a profit, he'll be fine. Besides he's probably looking to retire in a few years.
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,531   +858

It's common practice in large corporations for the CEO to pad the board of directors with friends and allys. It makes them kind of "firing proof". So, if you were looking for them to say something bad about Ballmer, I wouldn't hold your breath.
  6. mosu

mosu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 297

I never liked Microsoft, so I like Ballmer.Good Job!
  7. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TechSpot Maniac Posts: 542

lol yea he looks quite old, but does go a little crazy at some of the confrenses. (Just youtube search Steve Ballmer)

Shareholders, bah there prob rolling in cash, so what there MS stock don't make much money, BOO HOO I say to them.
  8. Jibberish18

Jibberish18 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 431   +8

Does anyone even give a **** about what shareholders say? All they care about is a profit. Most of the time they don't even look at the long term. Whatever cash they can get today.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.