Microsoft bringing Zune services to Europe, more

By Matthew
Sep 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Weeks ahead of the European Windows Phone 7 launch, Microsoft has announced that its Zune digital entertainment platform will soon be available to more regions. Version 4.7 of the Zune software will be available in more than 20 countries, but Microsoft's various services will be limited to far less.

Read the whole story
  2. Anshrew

Anshrew TS Rookie Posts: 20

Any news on them bringing the Zune HD to Canada?
  3. KG363

KG363 TS Guru Posts: 515   +9

Or a Zune HD 2? I still have the original Zune and the Zune 80. I need them to break!!!
  4. Or.... you could use torrents...
  5. DokkRokken

DokkRokken TS Rookie Posts: 267

Shame Zune Pass didn't make it to the Great White North though. Total bummer.

Dear America: Please invade Canada so we can have the Zune Pass.
  6. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

What ?!? Going to Europe but they can't even extend their marketing and services to Canada?!? How backwards is that? Oh, sorry we can buy videos now!?! Whoopee!!! How about giving it an agressive marketing campaign and start selling the Zune HD's and including the Zune Pass? Take notice at the marketing and advertising that Apple has had over the last decade. Now those buyers are fanatics.
  7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,888   +644

Surely this means we should be able to buy the Zune HD in England? or are we litterally just getting the Pass Service?
  8. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

I'm a little curious what they mean about extending the zune marketplace to canada. The zune marketplace has been available on xbox live for the last year, just with very little content. Doe this mean they are going to expand the content?
  9. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 668   +72

It seems they are talking about just the service, and the medium being Xbox 360(live and kinect) and the upcoming windows phones, which can kinda be seen as ZUNE HD players, with the ability to make phone calls and other cool things. Sorta like the ipod touch and iphone.