TechSpot

Microsoft claims Google foils IE's privacy policies as well

By Leeky
Feb 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft accused Google of bypassing privacy protections used in Internet Explorer yesterday, following on from a revelation last week that the Internet search giant was bypassing privacy settingsĀ in Apple's Safariā€¦

Read the whole story

2. Lol! Maybe microsoft should scrap their failure of a browser called IE before claiming stuff like this is happening when I bet it isn't microsoft just want to cause a flame ware as usual!

3. What I want for MS is than they fix their silverlight pluging when you attach a file in hotmail in chrome or firefox. I think it shouldn't be rocket cience since it is a very simple feature.

4. too bad googles the only one in the spotlight for this kinda ****.

5. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,290   +239

So, let's recap... Google does this for its "+1" functionality, which you have to actually click for any data to be stored. It was reported to Microsoft 2 years ago, and they did nothing about it until suddenly it's front page news... Oh, and the MS "fix" conveniently requires you to upgrade to IE9 if you want it. Sounds suspiciously like scare tactics to try to bolster browser market share (and consequently slam Google). Not that I'm saying it's right that Google does this, or that there is no problem. Just mighty interesting how a 2 year old issue suddenly became a hot topic.

And, coincidentally, Facebook's identical actions with the "like" button is not in the hot seat. Doesn't MS have a big chunk of capital invested in Facebook? Ah, but that probably has nothing to do with leaving them out of it... Probably...

6. Now what about Firefox?

7. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

No its just Bill Gates throwing a temper tantrum. Im betting he lost a little of his cash and is looking for some way to make more money. Its the spoiled ones who freak out if you pay attention to other ppl then them. Microsoft and IE are quickly being overshadowed by other products.

8. Its funny how people dont believe google is doing this stuff considering their new policy going into effect soon proves they have been tracking people all along . Just now you are giving the permission to do so. Way to go people!

9. jester376

jester376 TS Enthusiast Posts: 54

Bill Gates retired quite some time ago, Microsoft is being run without right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the guy. But, don't slam people just because other people like to.

10. Im tired of google, facebook, android, apple, bing, to me there just waivers, disclaimers to take more of our prvacy away. Our phones are tracking devices, Our home computers are bieng catered through advertising on every google, bing search you do through third party cookies. Leave your e-mail open do a search for a convertible ford mustang on google.. Wow look at your spam in your e-mail inbox. How did they know you were looking for that convertible ford mustang .. Its all just a way to gather and collect information on us to cater there advertising for us to buy from them. I hope eventually We will get our rights back and all this spyware crap will go away.. If you dont like Microsoft don`t use it, use linux or apple. I used to use google as a search engine, not anymore.