TechSpot

Microsoft could announce largest restructuring in its history this week

By Shawn Knight
Jul 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Thousands of jobs at Microsoft may no longer exist in the near future. A new report from Bloomberg claims the Redmond-based giant is planning its largest round of layoffs in five years as it looks to integrate Nokia's handset unit.

Read more

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

They should probably cut back by 50%, and slow down a bit on the OS release cycle.

3. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 567   +174

No. Cutting innovation doesn't yield more profit. More sales at a lower cost of product = more profit. They don't need record sales of a single OS to make record profits. 1/2 the sales but a new product every year makes more money.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,555   +2,898

I don't believe I made a statement warranting this comeback.
    But yet the OS was the only thing I mentioned. Tell me is the OS the only product they put out?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    It has just about come to pass that MS has 80% of their work force spinning their wheels not bringing anything to the table. That 50% was probably very lenient. This is not the 90's, their software has been refined to a point where keeping the same work force spending more time is a wasted effort.

5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Cutting innovation... think microsoft cut that out years ago along with common sense... Seriously brining piles of crap out every year that either dont work or have useful stuff removed isnt helping anyone, next they are planning to remove the keyboard and mouse then after that the screen... seriously its looking that way...

They removed the MOST useful thing their OS had and yet keep on shinning their customers but if you think microsoft are more inventive then apple please to provide evidence otherwise anything you say will be held in the court of law.

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,330   +622

HEY GUYS; opinions are only opinions and these personal attacks reflect more on you than the person being flamed (IMO).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,053

I think they mean 127 000 odd employees worldwide and MS has offices in a lot of countries.