TechSpot

Microsoft developing Office suite for iPad

By Shawn Knight
Nov 30, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is developing a version of their Office suite for use on Apple’s iPad that could rival Cupertino’s own productivity apps. Applications like Word, Excel and PowerPoint could sell for…

Read the whole story
  2. I have the apple version (pages and keynote) but I would switch to word if it it had speech recondition. I don't know what pages does not.
  3. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

I love watching people write on these, it looks so dorky xD
  4. topcoach

topcoach Newcomer, in training Posts: 43

I'm really looking forward to the having MS Office on the iPad. I found that using Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote was not workable, since it doesn't support syncing with my windows desktop. Apple's iCloud only supports syncing with MS Outlook on a Windows platform, but for some reason Apple doesn't support syncing other files on the Windows platform (unlike other cloud services).

If Microsoft provides MS Suite on the iPad with true cross-platform compatability with seamless sync and Apple does not, then it will be Apple's loss.
  5. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 715   +28

Wonder why they are making an App and not just a gateway to office 365 apps. Or are they saving that for WIndows 8.
  6. excellent work microsoft... i'll use it for tradeschool :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.