TechSpot

Microsoft fields Surface Pro questions via Reddit AMA session

By Shawn Knight
Feb 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Micrsoft recently took to social news and entertainment website Reddit to field a number of questions regarding the upcoming Surface Pro tablet. Specifically, Redmond’s Panos Panay with the Surface Windows 8 Pro engineering team as well as a number of...

Read more

2. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

" Representatives said they could have done this but there would then be the chance that the flash drive and the data on it could become lost."
    This explains why the tablet has half the memory that it is supposed to have. I do agree that the recovery should be on a flash drive or downloadable on Microsoft's site. That would decrease the backlash that they received for lack of claimed diskspace.

m4a4 likes this.
  3. Lurker101

Lurker101 TS Addict Posts: 639   +127

"Representatives said they could have done this but that would have cost money and could have decreased profit margins"

4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,973   +587

Does it come with handcuffs in case it's lost?

BlueDrake likes this.
  5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

+1 ghasmanjr

As far as battery argument goes, its a non starter considering that S Pro is running a very capable x86 CPU, which means every existing application for windows ecosystem will run on it. I think when Haswell becomes available, they should launch a revised S Pro 2, which should help improve battery life and improve overall performance. Anyway, almost every device make few compromises one way or another, so keeping the right balance is important. I do have some issues with the steep asking price though, as at least MS should have sold KB along the tablet for this price.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.