Microsoft Flight Simulator X

By CarlosF
Jul 28, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,

I recently bought and installed the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack in my laptop, but when I play it I have a poor performance, such as low FPS and chopped gameplay, so I have weather, scenary and traffic in very low, but for the resolution it is the same for my computer to use a low one (1024 x ....) than the higher one (1280 x ....). Does anybody know how I can fix it? My laptop has the following specification:

Acer Aspire 5715Z
    Processor: Intel Pentium dual-core T2370 (1.73 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 Cache),
    2GB RAM,
    250 BG HDD,
    Video Card: 358 MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X3100,
    Chipset: Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family,
    Controller Version: 7.15.0010.1666,

I am not sure if it is because it uses a lot of CPU resources, or if it is because of the processor or the Video Card. I have other games as Age of Empires 3 and it has a high performance, even if guns are firing!

Thanks.
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,530   +857

Everybody complains about this. I think the program is a resource from the jump.

Now FS2004, that will run great on anything. And it doesn't have to be activated.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.