TechSpot

Microsoft has 40,000 apps, offers $25 gift card with WP7

By Rick
Nov 21, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft is running a new promotion this holiday season to encourage gleeful shoppers to think "Windows Phone 7" while considering their next handset. The company will be issuing $25 gift…

Read the whole story

2. davimous

davimous TS Rookie Posts: 55   +9

I wonder how many quality apps each marketplace offers.

3. fwilliams

fwilliams TS Rookie Posts: 97

The only way for them to get people to buy there Windows Phone 7 is to bribe people. LOL

4. RH00D

RH00D TS Addict Posts: 412   +106

Umm, every company has promotions. Ever seen Apple's "buy a Mac and get a free iPod touch" promotion?

Quit hatin'.

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Is that the best you can do?

6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,060   +76

Good point fwilliams, I wish someone would conduct a survey about 'quality of available apps' in each market place. TBH there is hell lot of rubbish out there, so higher number may not represent anything significant at all.

7. veLa

veLa TS Booster Posts: 520   +87

Microsoft is having a hard time getting it to take off no doubt. Nokia will make WP a major player in the next year or 2.

8. Butch

Butch TS Enthusiast Posts: 112

Yup. What he said..^^

I have an Android and my wife uses a iPhone and the vast majority of apps on both platforms are garbage and useless. It's a real disappointment because I would like to see quality apps (and yes, I would pay for them) but they just don't exist.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.