Microsoft Intellipoint Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transform

I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 and accompaning software IntelliPoint version 6.10.156.0.

The scroll wheel of the mouse doesn't click like the older models used to which isn't such a bad thing. However, even with the sensitivitiy of the wheel on the minimum setting, it is nearly impossible to scroll through weapons when playing games.

I was wondering if there is anyway to lower the sensitivity of the wheel any further just for the purpose of playing games?

As far as I know, any setting to do this will be found in the Control Panel> Mouse.

I have Intellipoint software. And it has different settings for the mouse.

Do you know about 'the flying carpet'? Well, that's what I call it- press down on the wheel- you will see a circle with two arrow display. This allow you you scroll through a mega speed. You can scroll up or down, speeds are faster than normal scrolling. but ti sound like you may not have discovers this feature yet.

Yes I know of this feature but I am not trying to make it scroll faster. I want to be able to tone down the sensitivity of the wheel so that it can be usable when playing games. Its just way too fast on the slowest setting!

It should give you the mouse properties screen, of which one tab should be 'wheel'. I'm not sure you can even adjust the sensitivity of the wheel.

You have 4 way Tilt Wheel Technology in the mouse. But I had no luck finding any documentation. Got description fine, but no 'how to.'

You might want to check the MS site and see if you can come up with anything.

I have a wheel tab but there is only the option to make the wheel slower or faster. I have it on the slowest option which I believe to still be fast and there is no option to choose how many lines at a time :(

Okay, then it sounds as I thought, that there is no way to change the 'sensitivity' of the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back