Microsoft introduces NUads, interactive TV ads with Kinect

By Jos
Jun 23, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced plans to bring interactive ads to Xbox 360 consoles using the voice and gesture-recognizing capabilities of Kinect. Speaking at the Cannes International Advertising Festival, Microsoft's General Manager…

Read the whole story
  2. This is a great idea for who? ADVERTISERS I remember when cable tv was first introduced, all your favorite shows without advertisements.I can't even stand to watch my cable tv anymore (10 minutes of show 5 minutes of commercials... repeat.) with the exception of TCM. I see this as just aanother way to cram more commercials down our necks until we puke.
  3. wow.. and of course you'll still have to pay your monthly XBL gold payments.. so really the only winners here are of course MS. I think it would be a dandy idea to make a point of contacting every advertiser they setup on this abomination and let them know that because they are involved with this, you will never buy a product or support them in any way.. enough people do this and before you know it the industry will walk away from this like the plague. As a side note, I am So glad I've never been tempted to own this latest generation MS or Sony console. nothing but crap and corporate greed experiments forced upon buyers.. most of which it seems are too thick or addle brained to realise it.
  4. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Good to see that they are really trying to bring the Xbox more down Microsoft.

Thanks, sincerely a PC gamer :)
  5. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TechSpot Guru Posts: 675   +39

Wow..ads..seriously LMAO damn the Xbox s**cks!
  6. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 752   +12

Haha, oh wow.

The sad part is, people will still buy Xbox and Kinect junk and continue paying for live.
  7. *****ic and boring application of Kinect in advertising, that nobody will borther with. Maybe the voting is ok.

Understand that unless I can squeeze the tits of a hot babe in a commercial or do something as equally fun I am not going to interact with your damn ads.
  8. What about Xbox skip ad command?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.