Microsoft intros minimalist Arc Keyboard

By Matthew
Jan 7, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft has announced its new Arc Keyboard. Following the naming convention and style of its Arc Mouse, the company's new keyboard features a sleek, minimalist design -- lacking even a number pad. Given its lightweight, compact design, the Arc Keyboard seems destined for use in home entertainment setups, where wires and other bulkiness is a burden.

Read the whole story
  2. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 879   +52

Looks about as useful as the arc mouse.
  3. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 917   +26

I like the "nano transceiver". The big "mouse" transceiver is a waste of space and doesn't work every well anyway. Much nicer to have a tiny one.
  4. I love the arc mouse! Everyone who has tried mine ended up buying one as well. This should be cool.
  5. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

I could see it taking place of the current keyboard I use to control media, but I'm also fairly sure this isn't the first to not have a number pad. Hey Microsoft, know what would really be cool? Make that textpad on the Xbox 360 controller work as a keyboard. That would really be nice for media centers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.