TechSpot

Microsoft launches Internet Explorer 9 at SXSWi

By Jos
Mar 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As promised, Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 9 in its stable RTM form a year after releasing the first "platform preview" build. The browser managed to maintain the excitement among users during its several months of testing, which saw a public beta last September and the launch of the first Release Candidate in February, as it marks a clear departure from previous versions in terms of design, features, and browser-engine.

Read the whole story

2. It has a bug with ActiveX Filtering...

http://i.imgur.com/OlleU.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Mdku2.jpg

3. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

It is still buggy, seems like rushed release

4. I'm running IE9 final on Vista. It is fast and stable.

5. Wonder if they fixed the memory leak from the RC...........ate up my 6GB of RAM in hours.

6. Downloaded and installed IE9 this morning. It is blazing fast. Looks like Microsoft finally has a first class browser.

7. I just installed IE9. The graphics rendering is fast and really incredible.

8. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Love the browser, but I still absolutely HATE the fact that you have to restart Windows after installing it.

I also got 6 GB of RAM, and I didn't notice any leaks. Are you using the 32-bit version by any crazy chance?

9. Been running IE9 almost four hours with no memory leak. Impressive all around performance for a MS browser.

10. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

dang it
    have to upgrade to win 7 or 8 hmmmmm

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.