TechSpot

Microsoft makes changes to Windows Store in Release Preview

By Shawn Knight
Jun 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft made Windows 8 Release Preview available for download last week, taking the opportunity to update the Windows Store at the same time. Redmond listened to user feedback from the...

Read the whole story

2. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 268   +77

turds a turd, no matter how many M&M's you cover it with...

3. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Nice one!

Im not really liking how W8 is really coming to the market...

4. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 880   +130

The addition of desktop apps is really great.

5. QUOTE:

"The addition of desktop apps is really great."

So is thefact they don't charge you for a web browser, oh oh also they let you use a mouse that is fantastic!

6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

Personally, I don't dislike Metro having used it for months now, but I still believe that by simply adding 'Start' button to W8, MS will make the final product a more reasonable upgrade, whereby, allowing users to absorb changed UI at their own pace and make the transition. Ultimately, I think MS is spot on by seeking a common interface/development platform, just like when they integrated IE in the core OS many years ago (which everyone is following right now).

7. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

The Metro Start Screen is annoying. So is the giant Ribbon toolbar in Windows Explorer.

8. "I still believe that by simply adding 'Start' button to W8, MS will make the final product a more reasonable upgrade"

Anybody still using the start button are newbz. Are tyou, after 20yrs of the start button, a newb?
    Is it so hard to adapt to hovering the corner for the start menu?\

Stick with windows 95 then

9. Hmm... I'm sticking with theory, that majority of people wanted Windows tablet only because they wanted desktop and access to classic windows apps. When you have iOS with dull icons and Android with widgets the only logical way for MS was to go with tiles, but unfortunately after first fascination you realize that it's just another snappy, but closed environment for content consumption only. Power user will newer go with that, so I don't understand why MS is sticking with metro on desktop and don't have an option for business and pro without touch friendly bloatware.

10. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,056   +76

Taking things out of context in an epic way, but that is the beauty of Guest account any half-wit can easily become a troll.

11. 20 years ago, if I'm not mistaken, was 1992. Back in 1992 there wasn't even a start button. You're either not old enough or clued up enough (or both) to make comments about "newbz". From my reckoning that was still Windows 3.1, and having used Windows since 3.0, I can categorically tell you that the start menu button was not around until 1995. Back then it was folders in boxes. I know because I hated using it but it was the only thing available to us at the time. So try again. Can you even navigate your way around DOS? I doubt it.
    I wouldn't even contemplate going back to windows 3.0, or 95, 98, 2000, XP or Vista. Much the same I wouldn't contemplate ever using a Commodore 64, a Spectrum ZSX or a humble Atari games console. I wouldn't say no to going back to 7 if I had to, but I'm liking Windows 8 for the most part.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.