Microsoft, Nokia schedule special event for August 17

By Emil
Aug 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft and Nokia appear to be preparing a little announcement for August 17, 2011. Both companies sent out an invitation for a joint-event at this month's GamesCom in Cologne, Germany,…

Read the whole story
  2. The day someone thinks about not publishing that last paragraph iin every windows phone article on this website, from that day windows phone sales will sky rocket. Please its getting lame.
  3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 572   +37

Emil, please stop copy-and-pasting those last two paragraphs into every Windows phone article. It's starting to get ridiculous.
  4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,988   +66

@Guests
    I would rather tell him the same thing without resorting to hiding behind the 'Guest' user. Anyway, Emil, I think they do have a point, it would be prudent if published material may be 'improved/updated/polished' a little bit before it is re-published.
  5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I wonder what this event is about. They just have to release this Mango ASAP. Their release schedule is, in my opinion, the only thing that's actually dragging the WP7 platform back. They say it's going to be one major update every year. Well, I think that's a mistake. WP7, has a lot of good things, and a lot of things much better than other OSes, but the OS is still playing catch-up. Microsoft hyped up (and still hyping) Mango as if it is the next big thing (this very event is nothing but another attempt at that); but truth is, while the update makes WP7 a whole new phone, it is (sadly) exactly what WP7 should have been when released.

If only the Windows team could update the OS every six months (or less!), I believe in a year or two, iOS would have to be the one catching up with WP7. Maybe not in terms of sales or market share, but definitely in extensibility, performance, and just plain innovation. But a man can only dream...

And what's that I see? People actually criticizing Techspot? Oh my, but I thought that was forbidden...!
  6. nismo91

nismo91 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 989   +6

can't wait to get Mango. i hope they do better things like what windows 7 is to windows vista. many new features, but still on the same platform.
  7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,988   +66

+1

They just rushed the damn thing to market without duly considering the implications of marketing/selling something which is not yet complete. I mean can Toyota or GM (or any other manufacturer) sell a new car without properly tuned engine / steering wheel / deflated tires, on a pretext that these will be made to work when you bring your car back for the first service?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.