TechSpot

Microsoft offers free Xbox Live Gold weekend

By Jos
Nov 19, 2009
  1. In an effort to boost the numbers of Gold subscribers on Xbox Live and to celebrate a host of new features being added to the service, Microsoft is giving all Xbox 360 owners the chance to get mangled online by complete strangers for free. From the 20th of November until the 23rd, Silver members in the United States will be able to try out all the services available on Xbox Live Gold and see if they're worth the yearly fee.

Read the whole story

2. This is their way of getting more people with modified consoles to connect to Xbox Live so that they can be banned permanently as well as having their consoles crippled.

3. Will this apply to New Zealand xbox users? If not all hail PS3 coz atleast u can play online for free

4. Timonius

Timonius TS Guru Posts: 587   +34

waah waah waah...let all the banned console users start commenting about this one... :)

5. I dont new zeland get this deal. Its only in US for this weekend and next for Europeans. Buy an xbox live code

6. Nirkon

Nirkon TS Enthusiast Posts: 243

That is exactly what I thought the moment I read the title!
    We'll have to wait and see if another ban wave happens after lol

7. RealXboxMaster

RealXboxMaster TS Rookie Posts: 139

MS is giving a new user the opportunity to explore on what Xbox live has to offer that no other platform can match...period!

8. I agree. I'm no fan of microsoft but there's absolutely nothing negative about gold weekends. It just offers everyone a taste of online games for a weekend and if your console is modified, then you deserve to have it disabled.

9. ps3 is way better cause its free!!!!AND THERE IS NO BS AT ALL the xbox live menu said free
    gold to all silvers from april 1st 2010 to april 5th 2010, guess what? such bs i am a silver and it wouldnt let me do online multiplayer when it said it would

10. yeah it did the same for me

11. Maybe it was a april fool?? i hope there is a free weekend coz that would b awsome

12. main my xbox is modified and i dont get banned
    i just dont play my copied games online only the ones i bought in the store
    so...it's all up to yourself if u play urr copied games online u get banned...

13. this is not true. the weekend is from the 25th through that monday.
    your website is awful and ruined my weekend.

14. Microsoft offers free Xbox Live Gold weekend
    By Jose Vilches, TechSpot.com
    Published: November 19, 2009, 11:42 AM EST
    2009, you dolt. It's not the site's fault you can't check dates.

15. Good...all moders and hackers should be put against a wall and shot in the back of the head!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.