Microsoft offers students up to six months of Office 365 for free

By Jos
Mar 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has launched a new promotional campaign to get students using its Office 365 University and SkyDrive products. Under the new offering announced today, students with a qualifying .edu e-mail address can register to access the productivity suite at no...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,212   +524

Really corny ad's. I wonder if that dark haired chick's face will crack if she smiles. After reading about Microsoft's recent licensing debacle I'll just move to an opensource program once my Office 2010 becomes too dated.
  3. Yes, slap your arm and tighten the tourniquet and proceed. Remember it is free, until you start using it, then you pay for it monthly for the rest of your life.
  4. avoidz

avoidz TechSpot Maniac Posts: 452   +53

I'm not paying Microsoft once a year to use Office. There are already too many subscriptions to pay. This is just greedy and attempting to program a new generation to accept pay-to-play systems.
  5. Yeah, at least it use to be you could choose to upgrade or not on what new features were included.

That or until Microsoft gave the newer version to you boss and they sent something that was not compatible with the older version, thus forcing you to upgrade.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.