TechSpot

Microsoft Office 2013 pricing and packages announced

By Jos
Sep 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced pricing details for its upcoming Office 2013 packages as well as the subscription rates for the cloud-based Office 365. Interestingly, the company seems to be steering customers towards the latter, saying the online solution will be updated...

Read more

2. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 310   +62

Apple needs to develop an office suite to bring these prices down. Until then I'll have to see how Libre Office does.

3. Guess I'll stick with what I have...

4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,197   +751

The other day I realized I was using office 2007 instead of 2010. I couldn't even tell because they look pretty similar. What's new about 2013?

5. alcarin2030

alcarin2030 TS Enthusiast Posts: 109   +13

Lol these prices are ridiculous. I guess I am off to the Bay.

6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 958   +23

IBM's Cobol compiler for mainframe/mini is $8000/year per cpu. It's timeshared tho.

7. waterytowers

waterytowers TS Rookie Posts: 85

MS Office is purely a business suite, I haven't used it at home for more than 5 years, OpenOffice, now Libre Office is perfectly good for writing documentation. Even at work I mostly edit documents in Libre Office. Someone else creates the document templates using MS Office and I just edit. My work MS Office license is mostly a waste of money, but corporates don't like to hear that...

8. Office 2007 mainstream support ends October 2017, which leaves me just five years at most to decide what to do next: stick with it or wait till Office 2017 (unless everything has moved to the cloud) :D

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.