TechSpot

Microsoft Office for iPad expected to arrive on March 27

1. Microsoft has been sending out invites for a press briefing set for March 27th in San Francisco. If rumors are to be believed, it could be Satya Nadella's first press event, and the newly appointed CEO will reportedly use the...

Read more

2. So Android fanbois, this good for ya? LOL

Software>hardware

3. darkzelda

darkzelda TS Rookie Posts: 85   +10

So Microsoft releases an Ipad version of Office and doesn't have a metro version for Windows 8, what a way of bringing people to their new interface...

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,021   +913

I am quite excited for this. I now see a reason to choose an iPad over a Surface when I purchase a new tablet soon.

5. The mind boggles at this decision! Why, is the first question, the second would be are you a conformist? Now before you, or anyone else has a seizure, I do believe IPads have a use, are fairly usable, and are quaint... However, the Surface Pro is by far the better choice when comparing robustness in device capabilities, and has more than extremely light processing tasks in hand. Surface RT, maybe not so much, but still refreshing to be different, a very good motivator in my opinion, instead of having one of the many, many, and I do mean MANY Apple or Android devices out there. Besides the Surface, both of them, have a pleasant design comparable to any other tablet, I mean you can only reshape a rectangle so much after all, kind of hard to stuff that up.

6. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 655   +95

Well this sounds like a cut down version of Office and the MS version would be Office RT. Why would you want to run a cut down version of Office on a PC or Surface Pro?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.