Microsoft Office not listed in add/remove list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business on Vista. I'd like to install the Document Imaging tool, which apparently was not installed initially. I've been told that I can do this from the add/remove programs list.

The problem is that neither Microsoft Office nor any of its components are listed on the add/remove programs list. They are definitely installed on the computer - I use them every day. But they've disappeared from the add/remove program list.

I tried to reinstall Office 2007 from my Office 2007 Upgrade installation disks. But, when I try I hit a brick wall when it claims that it can't continue because there is no version of Office on the computer! Even when I use the "browse" feature to identify the file where Office is installed, the installer does not recognize it.

My ultimate goal is to get the Document Imaging Tool up and running. But to do so, I'd appreciate help on how to make the office installation visible to the system.

-Jeff

Strange ! do you have different users set on your system. You probably need to be an administrator user to see the install/uninstall for office on add/remove programs.

Nope. No other users on the system. All of the other programs installed on the computer are visible in the add/remove programs list. Just not Microsoft Office.

I tried to reinstall Office 2007 from my Office 2007 Upgrade installation disks. -Jeff

So you could try re-installing the original Office version that you actually 'upgraded' and try the upgrade again. If the OS itself was also an upgrade, with Office already on the original OS you might possibly see this problem. I dont really know. The reason I suspect your current OS is unaware of the office install could be that the original install routine log, together with it's uninstall process has been somehow removed.

Some more history as to how you got where you are now might be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back