Microsoft Office questions and help

ghost_xero

ok so I bought a toshiba that had the I guess trial of office on it and now its at the time where I have to buy it I guess to continue to use it

it keeps doing that lil pop up whenever my laptop just turns on asking if I want to buy the full version ect.

my question is this, how can I delete microsoft office from my laptop and if I do do I lose notepad and wordpad as well?

What OS? If its XP you can go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. If its Vista/7 you still go to the Control Panel, but its called Programs.. (I think. That should get you close enough anyway..). Then just click remove or uninstall.

You will not lose Notepad or Wordpad.

If you still want to have an 'office suite' for stuff like Excel, Word, Power Point there are several free alternatives:
GoogleDocs
OpenOffice.Org
LibreOffice
and probably some others.

Edit: I made a mistake and mentioned XP with Vista when I meant to mention 7 and Vista together. Edited to correct that mistake.

As SNGX1275 said, it should be in Programs and Features in the Control Panel. You can uninstall it from there.

Hi, One thing worth mentioning, if you need to use the new formats, (.docx, .xlsx etc) some of the free office suites will open and save with them, and others will not. (So they are replicas of Office 2003.)
I think it is currently, Open Office = 2003, Libre Office = 2007/2010. (Both free to download.)
Also another Office suite where there are paid-for and free versions is at;
http://www.kingsoftstore.com/index

*Minor amendment SNGX1275's comment, Try LibreOffice Before OpenOffice. Most of the developers for OpenOffice switched to LibreOffice. OpenOffice is sort of becoming abandon-ware.

Back