Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 keeps trying to install itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue Club 2

Does anyone know how to stop the "Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003" from trying to install itself on my computor?

When I tried to uninstalll it, my Registry Mechanic came up with over 1000 errors and the Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 came back again trying to install itself.

If it is in the Registry, what would I look for to try to uninstall it from there?

Was it installed already?
Did you UNinstall it?
Did YOU try to do a re-install and it failed and it is still trying?
What OS?

Come on, give us some information to work with!

I have XP Home and the Microsoft Office Standard 2003 is listed on "Your Uninstaller." However when I use the "Force Uninstall," in "Your Uninstaller," this M.O.S 2003 keeps appearing as installed on "Your Uninstaller," but is trying to install itself on my monitor screen.

When I uninstalled my "Registry Mechanic," the 2003 M.O.S. disappeared. But when I reinstalled "Registry Mechanic" which I had before, the damn 2003 M.O.S. 2003 started up again tryng to install itself.

I am going to try to install the 2004 "Registry Mechanic" and see if this M.O.S. 2003 comes back

2 things ;
Is your Xp up to date, there is a new installer to down load. You must be careful with registry optimizing software.Never allow them to make changes to the registry unless you know exactly what each item is.
There is no way to advise you since you may have changed registry settings and left some residual files and you have no Error messages listed.Office loads very deeply into windows.
You can use the "Find / Find next " under Edit menu in Regedt32.exe and delete every reference to MS office you find , but this is a daunting task and you must be Backed up.
If you have to reload Windows and you want Office , make sure you Update Windows first, and then load Office Cleanly(Turn off every running app in task manager you can )Then update Office.

access violation must be the cause

The reason I think the Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 is continously launching itself, trying to install and failing, due to the absence of the required file, is because I am getting an: "ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 0048B43F IN MODULE 'REGRESC. EXE.' READ OF ADDRESS 00000000."

How do you get this person to stop this? Do I report him to Microsoft or AOL?

Cue Club 2 said:
The reason I think the Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 is continously launching itself, trying to install and failing, due to the absence of the required file, is because I am getting an: "ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 0048B43F IN MODULE 'REGRESC. EXE.' READ OF ADDRESS 00000000."

How do you get this person to stop this? Do I report him to Microsoft or AOL?
"This person " ???? an Access violation error means the current user is not authorized to perform the action requested.
You must be logged on as an Administrator to perform installation and system critical functions.
If you do not understand what I am talking about , I would advise you to take all your software and machine to a qualified repair shop.

Problem Solved

I solved the problem of the Microsoft Office Standard 2003 from tryng to install itself and failing by downloading the 60 day free trial of this product. That give me the missing file that prevented the 2003 Edition from installing.

What happens after the 60 days are up is anybodies guess.

After 60 days the Office suite will no longer work and you will get reminder messages.
If you have a legitimate licence for Office , you should be able to enter it and register with Microsoft. Case closed!
If you do not have a licence and do not intend to get one.You will end up with a ton of usless files on your system(Many of these system core), and so back where you are now, trying to eliminate Office.
I am sure you will find an answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back