Microsoft Office Word 2003... Weird Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carderius

I've run into a bit of a weird issue with my Microsoft Word. Whenever I highlight/select text, and press any button (space, "x", backspace, delete, etc.), instead eliminating all that text and performing the action that I pressed, the text just stays in place as if I never highlighted in and the action is carried out at the beginning of the selection. I've never seen anything like this before, and I'm really not sure how to search in the help function for it, so does anyone have any idea how I might fix this? Let me know if you need more information or anything and I'll be happy to share. It's just a very irritating, very bizarre issue. Thanks!

- Carder

I don't have Word on this comp to test, but hit the insert button, and then try again, see if that changes anything.

sticky keys are on...try holding the shift on the left and the one on the right for about five seconds simultaneously

I tried that, and I even tried using the Windows XP instructions for turning off sticky keys, and even went through my accessibility options to make sure that they weren't on. That doesn't seem to be the issue...

OK, so someone on Yahoo! Answers took care of this for me. I had to go to Tools>Options>Edit and then check the box that says "Typing Replaces Selection." I have NO IDEA how that got unselected, but that took care of the issue. Thanks for trying, guys! I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back