Microsoft opens $14.99 Windows 8 upgrade registration, other pricing details leak

By Jos
Aug 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Consumers who purchased a Windows 7 PC on June 2 or later -- up until January 31, 2013 -- can now register for the Windows Upgrade Offer announced in May, which will give them the option to purchase an upgradeā€¦

Read more
  2. No thanks, I stay with XP !!!
    :)
  3. How about you pay me to use it because there's no way I am changing over even if it was free...
  4. rayhaan

rayhaan Newcomer, in training

sound very cool awesome
  5. Actually that sounds like a fair deal however you may get Linux for free, which is a much better deal and a better OS, IMO.
  6. Gambit

Gambit Newcomer, in training

Sorry, but Linux is an inferior OS. Not only I have printer issues with Linux, but a lot of the software I run is only available on Windows (To name a few: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10, SnagIt, PowerDirector 10 Ultra, and PowerArchiver 2012) and using Wine severely diminishes the performance any software that I use. The quality of the Linux software (including frees) are a joke compared to their Windows counterparts, especially the proprietary commercial ones. Not to mention that gaming support on Linux is abysmal and it is a poor platform for HTPC (Linux shot itself in the foot by not implementing HDCP support).

Linux is not without its uses (works great on servers), but for a box I use for both work purposes and entertainment, Linux just isn't a credible replacement. Even Linux zealots would advise against switching to Linux for the reasons stated above.
    Sphynx likes this.
  7. Your request has taken too much time to complete. Please start the registration process again by clicking the Register button below.

Took less than 5 mins, I tried 2 mins still same response. I guess Moneysoft doesn't want me to register for cheaper windows
  8. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

me 2

9. mickey12gauge

mickey12gauge Newcomer, in training

I'm having the same issue...
  10. to those getting an error trying to sign-up - try using Internet Explorer (worked for me once I stopped trying to use Firefox or Chrome)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.