TechSpot

Microsoft outlines changes to Explorer in Windows 8 beta

By Shawn Knight
Jan 31, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has published a new blog post regarding changes that have been made to Windows 8 leading up to the public beta slated for release next month. Author Ilana Smith…

Read the whole story

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,682   +392

Sounds pretty good. I'm not convinced on the ribbon yet (although I am pretty used to it now in Office). Are these new features good enough to pull me away from Windows 7 though?

3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,678   +85

I've been using ribbon since Office 07, I don't see much of an issue there, and it may turn out to be a great idea just like it has in the office suite. However, I am more concerned the GUI changes + overall performance improvements/tweaks the new OS may bring about.

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,682   +392

I like the *idea* of real time switching of transfer mediums, but I'm not convinced that is a super improvement necessary of an upgrade.

If they'd allow throttling of transfer speeds and pausing of them (like 3rd party tools already do and have for at least a decade) then that would be cool.

5. Well, if you are already use to the ribbon interface that was jammed down our throats that is fine, but I personally can not stand them. But it does not matter to much, Microsoft will come up with a "better" idea and force people to use it just like they always do.

In a couple of years everything will look like the Metro UI, so just get use to it and stop your whining.