Microsoft Outlook Email problem

By the_GIMP
Oct 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I open an email in my inbox it opens in a new window and when i close this window the email is gone from my inbox. is there anyway of fixing this so the email remains in the inbox after its opened. i've tried everything and looked through all the settings and stuff.

thanks
  2. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

It sounds like you have it set to only show 'NEW' mail. When you open it, it is no longer new, and is removed from the view.

Search around the settings. I am unfamiliar with Outlook, but I know Lotus Notes has a similar function.
  3. Po`Girl

Po`Girl Newcomer, in training Posts: 668

More HERE -

"If your mail disappears as soon as you've read it,it's probably because you're using a read-only view.

The default Outlook setting for the preview or reading pane is Mark as read after 5 seconds

and when the view refreshes the message is hidden. It's less of a problem with Outlook 2003

because the view isn't refreshed until you leave a folder and return or press F5."
  4. the_GIMP

the_GIMP Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 29

i thought i tried all the settings but its always the last one! thanks for that got it fixed in the end. yeah it was outlook 2000.
    thanks for the replies
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

why bother with office? Give thunderbird a try.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.