Microsoft pairs up with the Gorillaz to launch IE9

Neowin

Microsoft is teaming up with the virtual animated band Gorillaz for the launch of Internet Explorer 9 beta later this week. In an invite sent to the media, Microsoft hinted at the collaboration with the Gorillaz. "Join us for the unveiling and celebration of Internet Explorer 9 beta where one of the world's most innovative animated bands will be showcasing Internet Explorer 9."

The background image used for the invite is identical to the Gorillaz's latest album cover, Plastic Beach. The event is due to be held in London next Wednesday at the same time Microsoft holds a press meeting in San Francisco to unveil Internet Explorer 9 beta to the world.

Although many have long-abandoned Internet Explorer for alternatives like Firefox, Opera or Chrome, Microsoft is working hard on the next version of its browser to redeem themselves with early adopters and retain its still dominant market share.

This article is brought to you in partnership with Neowin.

Permalink to story.

A new era for the world wide web.. Sounds like Reagan. Sounds like the New Era potato chip factory we lived near in the 50s; maybe the precursor to all chip factories? One can dream.

LOL, I agree with TomSEA. This is indeed pretty lame.

And what's all the fuss with IE9 if it is still the worst browser of them all? It's not like they are gonna make much of a difference.

Here's to hoping that Microsoft does release an innovative and new browsing experience. It's in everyone's best interest for them to do so, whether you plan to use the browser or not.

To all the ie haters talkiin outta their necks, I welcome and am looking forward to this. Problems with ie? I've never had any so perhaps it's user error. I've tried all the rest and imo they are inferior to ie. That is all. lol

Well to be honest this will be interesting. If Microsoft can redeem themselves grats if not oh well. I use firefox and ie depends on my mood what I am doing.

One thing to note though hackers will target ie just because it has largest share of market, if another browser has larger share then hackers will go after it and ppl will complain about browser thats has largest market share just like they are about ie these days.

I'd never use a browser without an ad blocker. So I doubt I would ever use Internet Explorer, I cant imagine Micro$oft allowing an ad blocker.

Back