Microsoft partnered with PrimeSense for Project Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Microsoft has disclosed a few particulars about its Project Natal technology prior to its world premiere event. Redmond says it teamed up with PrimeSense to work on the peripheral's 3D-sensing capability.

"PrimeSense has delivered an important component to the technology," said executive Ian Spllinger. To meet its specific needs, Microsoft's Xbox 360 hardware engineering teams reportedly modified PrimeSensor's reference design. Unfortunately, that's all Microsoft shared, but tidings will continue to trickle out of the company's Redmond stronghold as E3 approaches.

Microsoft recently distributed invitations to Project Natal's debut event, which is scheduled for Sunday, June 13 (E3 is scheduled from June 15 to 17). The device is supposed to hit stores by this holiday season, and it's expected to cost around $80 alone, but various other packages will also be available.

Permalink to story.

I love you Xbox 360, but Project Natal will fail. It is great for many uses, but I just feel that it won't do well for the average joe that just wants to play, instead of becoming the player itself. Of course I could be wrong, then again but I'm not the ony one that feels this way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back