TechSpot

Microsoft patent application describes augmented reality glasses

By Jos
Nov 23, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. A patent application published yesterday suggests Microsoft may be cooking its own version of Google's Project Glass. The document points to a head-mounted system that combines an integrated camera with a transparent display for overlaying information on objects within the...

Read more
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,977   +1,486

I don't understand how this concept can be implemented.

Has anyone ever noticed how blurred a single hair is just in front of your eye?

I don't see the human eye focusing on objects that are two different distances. I fact I can't focus on anything, unless it is at least 10 inches from my eyes.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I like Google's concept more, though I must admit, now that I think about it, this is actually a little more practical than wearing Google's glasses the entire day.
  4. mrtraver

mrtraver TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +9

This made me think of the glasses people wore in the Charles Stross novel "Halting State."
  5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Mann

This guy ('97 PhD MIT) has been altering his reality for decades and has the patents to prove it...not quite sure how Microsoft can think it has something substantive..may be just an 'ego' application.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.