Microsoft publishes Xbox One unboxing video

Shawn Knight

Staff member

xbox microsoft video xbox one unboxing

Microsoft on Thursday published an Xbox One unboxing video on YouTube that shows exactly what comes in the Day One edition retail offering roughly three months before launch. Director of programming and unofficial Xbox spokesperson Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb draws the assignment.

The box itself is all black with a photo of the console, Kinect and controller on the front. Inside you’ll find the Kinect sensor and the first surprise – an included headset. Earlier reports suggested the console would ship without this key communications accessory but that apparently isn’t the case.

Digging deeper, Major Nelson unearths the Xbox One controller, an HDMI cable, power cord, power brick and finally, the console itself. Elsewhere we find various paperwork like the owner’s manual and warranty information and if you ordered a Day One edition, you should also find a code for your digital exclusive.

The console itself is “liquid black” with a slot-loading Blu-ray drive and a touch-activated power button on the front. There’s a USB 3.0 port on the left side in addition to a pairing button for the wireless controller. Around back we find an array of ports including the power port, HDMI output, S/PDIF, HDMI input, two USB 3.0 ports, the Kinect ports and a gigabit Ethernet port. There’s also a Kensington lock slot should you need it.

Hryb also highlights the included 4K-capable HDMI cable and the Xbox One controller with more than 40 improvements over the 360 version. The Kinect sensor is said to feature improved gesture and voice control, a greater field of view and 1080p video for Skype. The included mono chat headset features inline audio controls, improved comfort and better audio quality.

Permalink to story.

Watching the xbox one and ps4 videos and reading about them, the more I want to just going play Sega Genesis.

Lets all say yay for super upscaling to 4k resolution! also really... a unboxing? talk about trying to stop youtubers from doing a unboxing video!

This is rather embarrassing but I do think that majority of negatorians (wee a new word?) that are hating on xBONE are simply on this giant hype train following the suit of their friends, HIPSTERS!

That said, id still get the PS4 (always preferred Playstation, since iv never had xBONEs)

lol...M$oft posting unboxing video? This shows how desperate and uneasy they are feeling about the XB-180. SONY's PS4 all the way.
Anything Microsoft does would seem desperate to you. Oh, well.

Microsoft stole the job of the people that post this videos on day one, LOL
Not really, the fact that Microsoft did an unboxing, just means it is not an impartial unboxing. A company will never submit negativity of its own product. There could still be room for an impartial opinion.

That said, id still get the PS4 (always preferred Playstation, since iv never had xBONEs)
That could be because there has never been an Xbox One (aka: xbone). Thats like saying you would still get an Xbox One, since you have never had any of the PS4's.

Ha, there's so many straws that are being grasped over at MS. I was at a store yesterday and found something I didn't know - the Day One edition has a limited edition controller... with "Day One 2013" where the original Home button was. Wow..

People will still do unboxing videos since they didn't show anything, but what we've already seen. What's on the side of the box could be important information. They could have quickly zoomed in on it for ppl to pause and read later. No setting up, no using the UI, no gameplay, no questions answered! Just a big waste of time.

Oh wow, they did what the PS3 did with the power button 7 years ago. It was annoying IMO; had to hold the button to turn it off, which is probably why Sony changed it to a normal button. It looks like MS is making all the mistakes Sony did with the PS3 (advertised as an entertainment system, complicated architecture - 32MB eSRAM, extra hardware that won't catch on).

I think they put all of their eggs in this cloud gaming and said "to hell with physical media".

They need to sell the console without the Kinect, I don't need NSA eyes and ears in my home.

Let me just say this. If you don't want NSA eyes and ears on you, don't get laptops or tablets with built-in cameras. Don't get smart TVs. Don't get a webcam for your computer. Heck...just stay away from technology and live in the olden days when there were dial-tone phones and the old big bulky TVs. Or just don't get into a mondo amount of trouble.

So he didn't talked about the RAM!! maybe the rumors are true they not yet decided to keep it 8GB or change it to 12GB mmmm ok its the best anyway..

I for one want one and am getting one along with a ps4. I'm excited for the xbox one, just wish I could have it sooner.

Back