TechSpot

Microsoft, Quanta Computer sign Android patent agreement

By Jos
Oct 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft signed another Android-related patent agreement yesterday with Taiwan-based notebook, tablet and smartphone manufacturer Quanta Computer. The deal will cover all of Quanta's Android or Chrome platforms, and Microsoft will receive…

Read the whole story

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Booster Posts: 365   +40

Techspot has been writing about microsoft getting money from patents on technology used in the android devices, but what is this technology?

3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +99

Its an interesting question, that most people unfortunately cannot answer. Microsoft haven't been particularly forthcoming with releasing the patent that's being infringed, and given what I've read and written myself, I could probably imagine that those making agreements are being prohibited from speaking about what it is.

4. Mainly it is Fat and Fat32 which functionality is included, so devices can access things like SSD and Micro SD cards.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.