Microsoft readies family-oriented Xbox 360 features

By Matthew
Jun 22, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In a move that'll surely brighten the day of gamer families, Microsoft has announced the "Xbox Live Family Pack," which will knock about half off four Xbox Live Gold memberships. The initiative is reportedly intended to solve the problem of households sharing a single console and Xbox Live account, and it will include various family-specific features to make life easier on parents.

Read the whole story
  2. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 842   +11

Well that seems kinda like a interesting idea.

Slightly OT:
    I have seen a huge push towards family gaming & gaming aimed at traditional non-gamers and casual gamers, and I certain understand why - bigger markets. I just hope that the more serious gamers aren't forgotten about in the process. I still want my serious games that offer a decent challenge.
  3. Deathstar17

Deathstar17 Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

And hey I'm sure Microsoft won't mind the $100 a year from everyone who subscribes to this...
    I can't stand paying for online anymore, if xbox live isn't free next gen, then Sony will get my money.
  4. The free service from PS3 sucks... reason 1 they will be adding a subscription model
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.