TechSpot

Microsoft readying a multi-touch Arc mouse?

By Matthew
Jul 2, 2010
  1. A new product listing for what is being called the "Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse" has prompted speculation that the software giant may be whipping up a rival to Apple's Magic Mouse. The device is listed with the product code RVF-00003 and has an MSRP of around $70 (the same as Apple's device), according to Long Zheng of istartedsomething. Zheng also notes that Microsoft registered the domain "arctouchmouse.com" in March, which is currently redirecting to Bing – a common practice for the company's placeholder sites.

Read the whole story

2. TorturedChaos

TorturedChaos TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 855   +11

So its a multi-touch touch pad?

3. Eh? I like the fact that on normal mice you actually get some tactile feedback as well as the click, comfort, etc...this thing seems to defy all of those aspects.

4. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 432

Finally

So Microsoft has finally stepped into this game. I was wondering when they would, as I express here. http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic138204.html
    Who will win this technological competion war, Microsoft or Apple?!

5. blackcat77

blackcat77 TS Rookie Posts: 18

Looks uncomfortable. I haven't found a really good mouse since the days of the MS Trackball Explorer. My Logitech mouse comes close but using it is inconvenient on my way-too-small slide out tray.

6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

Hmm like its really 'laborious and uncomfortable' having to press buttons on a mice.

7. tengeta

tengeta TS Enthusiast Posts: 632

Won't take me from my trackball. My keyboard does 99% of what these "innovative" touch devices do, people are just centered around the pointing device too much these days.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.