Microsoft readying Haswell and Tegra 4-based Surface 2 devices

By Matthew
Sep 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It's no secret or surprise that Microsoft is preparing a successor to its hybrid Windows 8 tablet and freshly leaked details about the Surface Pro 2 have emerged just in time for you to regret the discounted Surface Pro you...

Read more
  2. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

If this next generation's Surface sales are anything like the first ones, the only thing hectic at Redmond will be the Xbox One sales and the accountants scrambling around trying to figure out how to explain to stock holders why they need to have yet another huge write-off of unsold Surface units... Let's hope they price themselves more competitively and actually gain a little traction this go-round... While I'm not a fan of Windows 8 (or 8.1) for my desktop, my experiences with the Surface products have actually been very positive. Hate to see them fail miserably. Again.
    Matthew likes this.
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,657   +507

Not really. The only hectic thing that's going on with Microsoft accounts right now and will continue through the holiday season is their 5-minute old purchase of Nokia. Nothing else compares to the scope of this restructure both organizationally and financially - that's where investors' attention now also, and not on the new Surface Pro, for which it is perhaps already factored in to make little financial impact on the company.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,799   +882

If the Surphace Pro is less than $800 I will be interested.
  5. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

I've yet to see anyone with either Surface RT or Pro products. As rare as Blackberry Playbooks.
  6. coppersloane

coppersloane TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 108   +33

More people play than work on their devices. Surface owners are the rare few who work more than they play. Hence the rarity.
    Arris likes this.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,810   +1,431

In my opinion Surface (that goes for any tablet or netbook) is not large enough for work or play. Even if I had one, you would rarely see me with it. I prefer a real machine, not some hand-held toy.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.