TechSpot

Microsoft reimagined logo for Windows 8 is official

By Shawn Knight
Feb 17, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has revealed a redesigned logo for Windows 8 in a recent post on the company’s official Windows team blog. Redmond’s new operating system logo borrows heavily from the original…

Read the whole story
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 962   +98

Don't like it. Windows98 was decent, XP not bad and Windows 7 (W7 Proffesional) was the best imho.... This one just does not look right :S
  3. This logo needs to change color and rotate itself 90 degrees; still looks like a flag. Look at the 89 logo.
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,490   +292

5. The looks like a case of "over think".
    Stay with WIN 7 logo.;
  6. Windows 1 logo is far better from that. My proposal http://i44.tinypic.com/ra6h3m.jpg
    [​IMG]
  7. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

I always thought they had a flag because it was more creative than just windows ^.^
  8. taimuraly

taimuraly TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 116

I think it needs the red, green, blue and yellow back. Those colours have become part of the Microsoft Windows brand and without them it the new logo looks soulless.

[​IMG] - my suggestion made using Microsoft PowerPoint
  9. gamerex

gamerex TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 176

It's.. It's a trapezoid. Bisected into quarters. It actually looks a little ecclesiastical.
  10. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

11. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 962   +98

QFT

12. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Looks like those stupid blocks for icons on windows phones
  13. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,333   +381

I liked the Vista one best - nice and tidy and with colors. The Windows 8 one looks like a logo you'd see for a dentist office. :p
  14. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,617   +82

Needs some more color to it! Time to bring back Billy Boy as the VP that running it now only going for the lighter shades of blue!
  15. soldier1969

soldier1969 TechSpot Booster Posts: 244   +43

I could have designed one better than that! Bland and boring.
  16. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,392   +16

Not a fan, very dull especially considering the past logos. Think they could've done a much better job.
  17. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 630   +59

18. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

i can't believe some people actually care about this. mankind, i am disappoint -_-
  19. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

It was a flag? I thought they were windows LOL
  20. It looks like Sweden and Greece's flags got jiggy with it, like a Will Smith song...

... not original. I liked their first icon better.

-RC
  21. killeriii

killeriii TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

I liked the Windows 2000 logo myself.
    Was my most memorable OS too. (mmmmm, dual proc p3's.... :)
  22. It looks like a flag if you want to see it like a flag. True, it does not look like a window either but I suppose the marketing guys just need to prove they worth the money by actually doing something.
    Just thinking what real improvement a new logo can do to a operating system. Maybe fool you to buy it cause you will think it's something brand new ? ;)
  23. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

Win7's was the most elegant amongst all these IMO, although the new proposed logo doesn't look as 'charming', but it will look alright provided they add the colors.
  24. QuaZulu

QuaZulu TechSpot Member Posts: 34

New Windows logo = "New" Coke
  25. Did they pay the designer yet? Looks like the work of 3yrs old kid.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.