Microsoft releases public beta of Windows Home Server 'Vail'

By Jos
Apr 27, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microsoft yesterday announced that the next generation of its Windows Home Server, codenamed Vail, has now entered the public beta phase. The company was fairly light on details but it did confirm the release includes feature improvements in three areas for consumers: Extending media streaming outside the home or office, multi-PC backup and restore, and a simplified setup and user experience.

Read the whole story
  2. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Whoever came up with codename 'Vail' deserves a V for VAILURE. I mean seriously, what are they thinking?
  3. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

As with most Microsoft projects, its named after a city. Try some google next time?
  4. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Okay, okay, I jumped the gun a little too quickly on this one ;)
  5. dont worry Timonius, its still popular to hate MS and everything they do. You fit right in. Congrats.
  6. Kinda figured everyone knew MS naming conventions, since they have been doing it..... ALWAYS. Comment fail.
  7. I thought V for VAILURE was funny...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.