Microsoft releases sponsored themes for Windows 7

By Matthew
Oct 22, 2009
  1. Microsoft has released a number of new free themes to accompany the launch of its Windows 7 operating system. I can't say that I'm particularly fond of the themes and desktop backgrounds packaged with Windows 7, nor do I like the idea of branding my PC with Coca-Cola's logo -- but, for those who are interested head over to the Personalization Gallery.

Read the whole story
  2. My favorite spot for wallpapers:

It's nice to see new themes for Windows, I for one am sick of the same old same old stuff, some variety will be welcome.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

Heh...some themes are pretty cool, but these are just blatant advertisements. You want me to advertise your product, you gotta cut me a check. ;)
  4. I think this is fine. Nothing wrong with Microsoft and other companies teaming up to advertise and provide nice looking backgrounds at the same time. If the pictures are pretty enough I don't care if I see a logo in the corner.

I use to like the art of greg martin, He use to make a lot of breathtaking scenes of Space (planets and nebulas and stuff). However, it looks like hes more into photography now.
  5. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Posts: 2,647   +87

Some of my favorite wallpaper sites:,,,
  6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

I actually have a Mountain Dew theme I made with wallpaper from interfacelift. I do it to give myself a mental caffeine fix.
  7. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,551   +595

8. hynesy

hynesy TS Maniac Posts: 389

I must say I really the Porsche and Ferrari themes, damn those cars are nice.
  9. What I also like is the way MS made Windows 7 and the ability to create your own themes.
    This allows companies make themes for there products and host them directly on there site.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.