TechSpot

Microsoft Research shows off 3D avatar, display prototype

By Jos
Feb 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has taken the wraps off some of the projects currently in development within its research branch, sharing their visions on how the traditional GUIs of today and the natural user interfaces (NUI) that are being built will shape the future of computing. Among the tech demos posted online are a couple that use camera technologies to create new types of interaction experiences, including one that is soon to be introduced as part of the Xbox 360's Avatar Kinect feature.

Read the whole story
  2. bl4cksh4d0w

bl4cksh4d0w TS Rookie Posts: 18

Good stuff, this reminds me of a NHL game EA had years ago. It allowed you to import a picture of your face and it would overlay it? on a players face. It had no dimension though as it was a flat face with no facial features. I would love to play my fps shooters online on my pc, and be able to shoot avatars that look like my friends. Or better? yet people I don't like :D
  3. LightHeart

LightHeart TS Rookie Posts: 155

Reminds me of Max Headroom :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.