TechSpot

Microsoft rolls out optional two-factor authentication for user accounts

By Matthew
Apr 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. If you care about the security of your Microsoft account enough to click a few buttons in exchange for an extra layer of safety, you may want to head here. That'll bring you to straight to the security section of...

Read more

2. roxxas2

roxxas2 TS Rookie Posts: 64   +20

Good to see this. I've been waiting for it.

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,693   +86

You need a phone number I see.

4. roxxas2

roxxas2 TS Rookie Posts: 64   +20

Well yeah, if you have a phone, you need a phone number. So... yeah.

5. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 305   +37

Not everyone has a phone, Roxxas.

6. Rocks *** always has something to say

7. Good idea but phone number and e-mail address? Great news for the spammers and scammers!!

Why not input something a bit more personal? Businesses advertise their e-mail addresses and phone numbers all over the place so how secure is that?

8. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 924   +22

It's all well and good if it works. In my experience using a windows live logon or whatever it's called now with windows 8 their servers were screwy and every so often you'd get completely locked out of windows 8 until you changed the password with another computer. Other people complained about this. I just simply don't use passwords with win 8.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.