TechSpot

Microsoft sells 10 million Kinects: fastest-selling consumer electronic device

By Emil
Mar 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft has announced that it has sold 10 million units of its Kinect motion controller. At the same time, Guinness World Records has officially named Kinect for Xbox 360 the "fastest-selling consumer electronics device." Microsoft sold an average of 133,333 Kinect units per day for a total of 8 million units in its first 60 days between November 4, 2010 and January 3, 2011.

Read the whole story

2. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 686   +47

Hype sells over quality

3. Cota

Cota TS Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

I went to my favorite electronics store yesterday and saw the consoles section the Kinect was all alone, it was even depressing considering that theres always people dancing Poker Face, maybe the paranoia is over? who knows but those games are boring for me because they are rather "monkey see monkey do" since the potential of the Kinect has not yet been archived.

4. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

How many xbox 360s did they sell?

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

They'll sell the next 10 mil units more quickly if pron industry has its way, but I agree with Cota, about 'potential' issues of the device for now.

6. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 616

5 Munny on that Kinect will reach 20 million by the end of May.

7. killeriii

killeriii TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +14

"Xbox LIVE is the world's leading social entertainment network with 30 million active members across 35 countries."

ummm, what about Facebook?

8. zillion

zillion TS Rookie Posts: 51

Entertainment-network.....doubt faceroll can be put in that category...yet...

...but i do find it entertaning thinking of the mindless mass that is submitted by faceroll every day :p

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.