Microsoft Server 2003 and Quickbooks 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

Okay, so I'm trying to get quickbooks 2006 to work on a server for users that log in as a non-admin user as well as the admin users.

Well Quickbooks 2006 apparently doesn't support non-admin users... so you have to essentially make Quickbooks think that the users you want are admins, or at least have access to the files and registry keys it uses.

So I went online and found this:
http://www.threatcode.com/group_policy.htm

The guy explains it pretty well, but the last screenshot is what I don't understand, as I don't recognize what it is... maybe it's slipping my mind... what is that last screenshot asking / showing me?

In any case, I hope when I try this, it doesn't royally mess up the server. (Don't see how it would but... it's Windows... so you never know.. :haha: )

Just a suggestion: Why dont you create one "admin" user called quickbooks and have everybody use that one login. Seems like a lot of hassle described on that web page just to get a simple program to work.

That is a very good and valid idea, but apparently the boss man won't have it... he doesn't want users to be able to have admin on the server, but still use Quickbooks. (I suggested this same sort of idea and he just was like "but then they could mess it up"...)

Anyways, I'm going to try it tomorrow, I hope it works, if not I guess Mr. Idontwantusersasadmins can go shell out the money for the new version of Quickbooks lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back